Gabriel Tejeda

Gabriel Tejeda
Awesome

Saturday, July 16, 2011

6th Month Anniversary Part 1.

Friday July 15th was my sixth month anniversary to my girlfriend, Abby. I know some people will think that we're just a couple of fools, high school sweet hearts, and cheesy. But the thing is, this small milestone is important for us. Because so much has happened in six months. It's a love story for me. Probably for her too.

December 31st, 2010: That night my restaurant was about ready to close and I had been talking to Abby pretty much the whole day. Weeks before she had asked me out to the Winter Formal dance at our school. The girls ask the guys and the girls pay(woo hoo)! She didn't ask me in a cheesy way like writing me a poem or writing stuff on the car I don't have or singing me a song. She just asked me straight up after Spanish Class (we had that class together and a photo class), "Do you have a date to Winter Formal?"

I thought about the girl I had a thing with at the moment, but I wasn't really interested in her and she hadn't asked me yet.

"No."

"Well...wanna go to Formal with me?" She asked it confidently like she knew she was going to get a yes.

So I smiled and I said yes. She made me put my number in her phone, I joked about it(can't remember the joke) and I told her I'll wait for her text. She left as she bit her lower lip and said Okay.

I thought it was cool that Abby had asked me out. I actually thought no girl would ask me, because no girl had asked me last year. And if I recall, in Spanish class, I'm pretty sure I joked about how no one would ask me to Formal and my teacher burned me...whatever.

That was the beginning of our relationship. Abby and Gabe. It felt awesome, new, and weird. I know I had flirted with her previously on occasional times, but I didn't think it actually worked.

So after many texting, talking in class, getting to know each other, going on winter break,  she tells me about a New Years Eve party at a friends Stephanie's house...

No comments:

Post a Comment